Tuesday 31 December 2019

27/10/19 Body Of Lies (2008)

Political action thriller with all the usual stuff you'd expect in a well made, yet not exactly ground-breaking, film of its type.

Leonardo DiCaprisun is the young fella doing the action stuff in Europe and the Middle-East, whereas Russell Kangarowe plays his Washington based handler.

Kangarowe apparently put on 50lbs for the role. Yeah, righ, "for the role". Bit Jimmy Hill if you ask me.
I reckon he just spent six months watching Neighbours, eating shrimp flavoured ice cream and necking continuous tins of Victoria Bitter before thinking "Fack me, cobber! I better see if I can still fit through the film studio doors."

Anyway, yeah, it's alright.




I once went in an Australian themed pub with a friend to try one of these. Must be an Aussie thing as I remember thinking "Yeah, it's beer. Like all the others. S'alright."


No comments:

Post a Comment