Thursday 18 April 2019

17/04/19 Replicas (2018)

In what is possibly cinema's most ambitious piece of casting, Keanu Reeves plays a polymath scientist who accidentally kills his family after forgetting how brake pedals work.

Rather than being particularly upset, or hitting the town as a newly single man, Johnny Utah PhD instead decides to drop a few flesh-eggs into bubbling vats of birthing jelly and grow himself a replacement clone family.

All well and good, but I hope he knows what he's doing. I once tried to grow some carrots and they came out oddly shaped and stumpy. I'm guessing that growing a new human is possibly a little more complex than a brightly coloured root vegetable. Dunno, I'm sure Professor Ted 'Theodore' Logan knows his stuff.

Things seem to go fairly well, and Dr. John Wick takes delivery of some freshly made family members. He then puts all their memories back in place using magic wire hats.

Apart from bad memories, which Senior Lecturer Neo Matrix manages to locate and delete from his family's digitally stored mindbrains using some form of Google Memory search engine. Of course.

Anyway, there's also a robot, some gunfights and yet more utterly bumhole science and eventually flops into a predictable ending.

To watch as a film, it's piss-poor, to watch with chums and rip the piss out of, it's a bit of a gem.

Whoa, dude/10


"We can finally be together. Kiss me, kiss me like you've never kissed any other sac of fluid."



"Is it Tuesday? What's for dinner? Are you my nurse?"



Japanese vending machines are taking the piss now.



"Don't be smart mouthing me, boy! I'll swim over there and show you the pimp side of my hand!"



"I'm gonna send a tweet to Boris Johnson and tell him what a pork-faced cunt he is."



"Bill and Ted's Bogus Accident"




"I don't care if you go to the ends of the Earth! I only need one more giant button to complete my collection. Find it!!!"



"Not now, I'm busy being science!"



Keanu and his bowl had many adventures together.



Yes.


Perkin.





No comments:

Post a Comment