Friday 31 October 2014

31/10/14 The Babadook (2014)

Halloween so obviously we're going to watch a horror film. The other 364 days of the year are just the result of an under active social gland.

Anyway, this film's currently being wanked on from all directions by the horror fans, so even though experience tells me otherwise, I was keen to see it. I was expecting it to be total Babadollocks, but it's actually good. Nothing original, but the scares are very much present. I thought it was great.

Until the end. The last twenty minutes are basically a woman screaming followed by the most 'eh?' resolution I've seen for ages. Really is a dollop of shit icing on an otherwise tasty cake. Real shame as it kinda spoils it.

Ah well. Worth seeing, just draw a better ending on some paper and stick that over the screen for the final stretch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2321549/
5.8/10


What is brilliant though, is this album cover photo I saw the other day:

Yes, it appears to be a baby wearing a sack mask running away from a couple of dead people.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!"
*Dials number into baby phone*
"Maurice, it's me! It's happened again! Meet me under the bridge and bring the suitcase"
"Same as that village in Yorkshire?"
"Yeah, same as the village in Yorkshire"
"Shit! I'll send in the clean up team."
"Appreciated."



Also, here's a cannon blowing a giant smoke cock and an amusingly graffiti'd water bottle for you:



Cheers, then.






No comments:

Post a Comment