Wednesday 20 November 2019

21/09/19 Yesterday (2019)

Young fella gets knocked off his bike just as a brief global blackout strikes. When he wakes up, he is the only person who can remember The Beatles.

They, along with a few other household names/items got wiped from existence during 'The Event'.
So, being a struggling musician, he nicks their songs, releases them as his own and becomes almost as famous as they were.

I'm not a Beatles fan, I think for every truly great song they did, there's an album's worth of bland (early period) or indulgent (later period) wank that I'll happily never hear again, so I was expecting to be indifferent to this. But, pleasingly, the cast are likable, there's some actually funny humour and a Robert Carlyle cameo that I found surprisingly touching.

Also, Podd is a lifelong Beatlehead, so she quickly filled in any blanks for me.

7.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment